Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Beautiful Day for a Disappointment

It was not what I expected. I climbing onto the scale and...one pound. I lost one pound. Disappointing. Mr. B. said, "You are doing really great. You are well past your goal. You are stable. This is it. This is where you should be." But of course, I always want another five pounds! Michael was really happy as he didn't want any more weight loss. It was my last appointment with Mr. B. before the roadtrip but I still am meeting with Dr. O the weight doctor right before the trip. Two week from today. Maybe, just maybe another couple of pounds lighter?!? We'll see.

The highlight of the day was the easy drive into the city. It was sunny and warm as I drove along the ocean cliffs with glorious views. It may be that everyone was out of town for Spring Break because traffic was very light the entire day. When I got home, I had a bit of lunch before I realized that I was tired. Sleepy. I thought I would just lay down for a few moments...turned into two hours. It felt great and I slept well again last night. I really must have needed the sleep.

Rehab class today! Sherman! Before class, I need to buy Mother's Day presents for mom since we will be on the road. Anna is organizing the siblings to chip in to buy Mary a nice new TV for her bedroom. Anna's son works at Best Buy while going to college so we can use his discount. Perfect. I will send a check for our portion to Anna this week.

My 7th grade neighbor Julie came over last night with her 7-year old assistant/sister to learn how and what to water in the garden while we are gone. Julie was three-years old when they moved in and here she was, almost as tall as Michael! She towered over me! They were both so very cute!

No comments: