Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Normal Saturday

Saturdays. I love them. Michael takes off later than usual to work on his latest project, I run to the bank and gas up the car for the week, come back to the house then my day begins. I do the little things in the house before heading into the gardens. Hours and hours later, I am soaked in sweat, my muscles give me gentle reminders of my work, I strip off the dirty, wet clothing and hop into the shower. After I am cleaned up, I walk through the garden with a bottle of cold water and look at my work. Gardens are only perfect for a few minutes before the wind kicks up or leaves fall. Tonight, I need to cook dinner after all my yard work. I will bet that I am in bed early. It should be mentioned that when I am working in the garden, I am fully covered to protect my skin from the sun, wear my oxygen backpack, gloves and a mask to protect from the dirt spores.

There is a F1 race this weekend from China. It rained throughout qualifying, which we are watching right now. Rain is an equalizer. It if rains during the race tomorrow, it should be very interesting. The drama of the head of the Ferrari team retiring last week (or pushed out if you believe the gossip) because of the poor results so far, is front and center. They put the most money and pride into their team and are embarrassed by the poor results this season. The new head was just transferred from his position as head of Ferrari USA but has no racing background. The drama will continue.

I peeked ahead at my schedule next week and it is going to be ugly. There are four doctor appointments for both mom and me. It is also the last time I will go to rehab before the trip. The following week will be packed with other appointments and last minute chores before we leave. In my mind, the road equals freedom. Nothing to do but navigate and enjoy each other. I am so ready.

No comments: