Monday, April 28, 2014

Magic Ointment

Because of being on prednisone for so many years, I have all the bad side effects including very thin skin. I bruise so easily and if wear a bracelet with a spring clasp, my skin sometimes gets caught and a beautiful blue mark appears. It lasts for days and days and is not attractive. I also have a problem if I even bump my hands or arms. I noticed all the other people in my rehab class have the same problem. Lots of nasty looking blue marks!

I was whining about it to mom since I was dealing with two big blue spots on my right hand. She ran to her bathroom and returned with an ointment. Her bridge playing friend, who was an RN, had told her about this cream. She had an extra little tube, I used it and the blue marks disappeared! GONE! Quickly! I am now using it on my skin cancer scar!

It is called "Advanced Healing Ointment" for severely dry skin treatment and hers was the CVS brand.

The local weather this final week before the roadtrip is breaking records for heat. It is forecasted to be in the 80s here on the coast by mid-week before returning to our cool weather. Nice to give us a good send off. I have long lists of things to do including toenail painting, eyebrow waxing, both of us having our hair cut, weighing in with the doctor, seeing mom for the final time today, paying some final bills in person and so much more.

The thing that drives me nuts is that I think I have covered everything. Then, in the Saturday mail, I received a notice from the insurance company that the VIN number of the car we are driving on the roadtrip was incorrectly reported to them. That means that our proof of insurance has the wrong VIN listed. They had an "F" instead of an "S." So, I immediately emailed the correct VIN to the insurance company with a CC to our agent requesting a proof of insurance emailed to me us ASAP to take on the trip. It's always something!

No comments: