Saturday, April 12, 2014

New Product! Losing Weight

There is a new product on the market that has me intrigued. It is call REV and it is being marketed to teenagers. It is a 200 calories, low carb wrap but the kicker is that the one I have features 18 grams of protein. That is a lot of protein vs calories. I am having my first one for breakfast this morning. This is a fast alternative for breakfast or lunch. If I need lunch before or after doctor's appointments in the city, I can throw it in my purse so I don't have to worry about finding a healthy choice. It is not something I would eat every week but in a pinch, it's not too bad.

Michael told me last night that he thought I shouldn't lose any more weight. No one in my entire life has ever said that to me! It was a moment. I won't let him know yet but I am trying to lose as much as possible before the trip. It will give me a cushion to enjoy bites, not plates full, of BBQ in Texas and North Carolina and other goodies. On the road, I will still eat the portions and foods on my low fat/low carb diet but if we bump into something specific to an area, I will have a bite. Also, if we are invited to someones house, I eat what is offered. And I look forward to a special treat! I hate it when I invite people to dinner and they inform me that the husband is a vegan, the kids won't eat anything but hot dogs, the wife will only juice...you get the point. I have vowed never to do that. Never.

So, I should be able to lose an additional five pounds by the time we leave on our road trip. It will put me right at 25 BMI, which is the minimum to begin the lung transplant process. I really like being at the minimum rather than bumping into the 30 BMI maximum.

No comments: