Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Quiet Day with a Bit of Panic

I clearly made the right decision to stay home yesterday. Several bans of the big storm blew through and there was even some snow on the peaks surrounding the Bay Area. A rather rare event. It was COLD! I washed and ironed our sheets along with several loads of laundry, finally got an appointment for the sonogram of my liver and other fun organs, the box arrived from DirecTV for the return of two of their boxes, the list was started for all the little things to remember before we leave on vacation, I ran out to the grocery store for a couple of things I forgot on the weekend then put some gas in the car all before lunchtime. Around 1:00, I settled into my chair and slept for close to two hours. I really needed the time off. Coldcam did its job. There is no sign of the cold that was threatening to settle into my body. I do believe that a quiet day yesterday really helped.

Today is going to be long and hard. It is still raining and I need to be showered and dressed and fed and gone within two hours. Mom and I are driving over 100 miles to replace the flowers on dad's crypt and have lunch with her friend Grace. After driving home, I will have a moment to eat dinner before the orchestra rehearsal. Bedtime will be 10:00 but hopefully, I will be able to sleep in a bit on Thursday.

I am trying to be so careful. I really don't want to get sick.

Worried parents:  I must say that I was stunned and panicked to hear about the massive earthquake in Chile. William was just there. I was quickly searching the band's tour site to see if he had moved on to another country or if he was still in Santiago. Just then, Michael phoned and he, too, was worried. My fingers were shaking as I tried to get the information and relief flooded through my body when I read he was working a concert yesterday and today in Buenos Aires, Argentina on the other side of the continent. We both took a deep breath.

No comments: