Friday, April 18, 2014

Saturation Rates are Looking Good

Rehab class yesterday. Treadmill. Two liters of oxygen. Saturation rate. I usually desaturate on the treadmill and struggle to get it up to 92%. Sometimes I need to kick up the oxygen to three liters. But yesterday: 97%. Again. I still can't believe it.

I am breathing really well while I am running around in my daily life. I am not short of breath while taking a shower. Or making the bed. Or food shopping and hauling all the groceries into the house.

Since returning to real food after the liquid diet, we have eaten at home (except for lunches twice a week with mom and twice with friends) and I often wonder if my exposure to germs is lessened because of the rare exposure to other's food. 

With all this good news comes a concern: I felt tickles in my nose last night. Coldcalm begins this morning. Michael mentioned that he either was beginning a cold or is having allergy issues due to the winds yesterday. We are fighting to stay well before the trip. I really need to be healthy when I see Dr. K. on the 23rd or she could call this whole thing off.

My thighs will once again enjoy a workout at the other rehab this morning before I spend the day with my mom. We have no plans and sometimes those days are the funnest. The gardens are bursting with blossoms and color and I will try to remember to take some photos this weekend.

No comments: