Monday, April 14, 2014

Sons vs Daughters

Sons are so different from daughters. We had a very quick message from our son when he landed in Mexico City weeks ago. Since then, he just missed the earthquake in Chile, has been to Argentina and Brazil for festivals before working the famous Coachella Music Festival last weekend (and again next weekend). We need a conversation. We also realized that he will have time off while we are on our roadtrip. A reversal situation, of sorts. I would love if he were to join us on the Bourbon Trail. He often talked about flying out to meet us on the road somewhere. But for now, we will try to connect with him tonight.

I got a peek of four-day old baby Cora while our neighbors took her out for a walk in the stroller for the very first time yesterday afternoon. What a sweetie. I hope to book lots of baby holding time.

It felt so good to work all weekend, I am feeling strong and breathing well. I had crazy high numbers at rehab on Thursday so everything is going well. I am looking forward to a fun week including a long lunch with Natalie (music programs and policies will be discussed) and my weigh-in with Mr. B. Today, mom will have her remote pacemaker test from her house then she will have her new hearing aids fitted at Costco. I so hope she likes them.

No comments: