Thursday, May 29, 2014

Stain Magnet

What to wear to the weigh in yesterday? I pulled on the very first pair of white trousers I have owned in decades. I should not be allowed to wear white. Ever. What was I thinking?

The first time I ever wore them was on the road trip. We were in Raleigh and it was perfect weather for white trousers with gold sandals and a gold striped t-shirt. While walking through a very cool Asian Market, I somehow got purple ink on them in two places.

The second time I ever wore them was yesterday. Newly washed and ironed, I wore them with my Ralph Lauren black and white polka dot lightweight pullover sweater with white slingback short heals. Perfect for the weather, to see the nutritionist and to have lunch with mom.

Could I get through the day without getting anything on them? That was the goal.

So, I arrived deep into the city with unusually light traffic and the nutritionist saw me a half hour early, again. It is good to be early. I was nervous. I kept reviewing all the foods I ate the previous month. The moment arrive, I stepped on the scale and...I gained less than a pound. A true miracle. Total relief flooded my body.

I flew down the Peninsula to mom's, we chatted then headed to Nordstroms for lunch (and a bit of shopping). I found a lightweight lime green with large white squares sweater to wear with shorts or my new white trousers. It was on sale $25.00. It was my reward for a good weigh in. We went up to the Cafe, had a lovely small lunch and talked and talked and talked. I just mentioned that I had made it through the entire lunch without dropping any food onto my new white trousers! Moments later, mom was gesturing with her hands, knocked over her diet coke which immediately flowed onto my white trousers. She felt awful about it but I was laughing. Day two and I now had a huge stain all over one leg.

They will be washed and ironed again and prepared for the third wearing. I know that somehow, somewhere, I will get something on them. Some people should not be allowed to buy white. We are stain magnets.

No comments: