Friday, June 13, 2014

Great News, Stable, Father's Day Plans and Toe Nails

As you probably have read in yesterday's blog, there is so much news about the two new successful Phase 3 trials of the first drugs to treat fibrosis. This is a bit deal. We also learned that there are four more drugs coming down the pike right now. These two drugs will be the first generation of drugs to treat fibrosis. Finally, there will be some kind of treatment for IPF.

On Wednesday, I did make it up to the city to meet with the nutritionist and I am still "stable." I gained .01 of a pound. That is a grand total of less than a pound since being weighed in after the road trip. Afterwards, I lost that .01 of a pound running to the nursery, buying almost 100 plants, working for a few hours planting and watering those plants. Still had to make some dinner. I slept like a baby that night.

Michael and I had spoken about his food wishes for Father's Day that evening. On Thursday, I hit Safeway early to buy most of his requests but will swing by the butcher's this morning to buy a nice rib-eye steak and two colossal shrimp (they taste and look like a small lobster) before I see mom. She and I have an appointment to have our toe nails done and we will enjoy our traditional fish tacos afterwards.

In the best news of all category, our taxes are finally done and I picked them up from the office yesterday. Michael and I thought we were going to have to pay more on top of what had been taken out during the year. We were thinking it would be in the range of $2K - $3K. After a long road trip, that was going to hurt. Before rehab class yesterday, I retrieved the envelope from our tax accountant's front desk, hurried to the car and opened it up. Warm relief flooded my body. I quickly phoned Michael. We have a total refund of both state and federal of $2,200. It must have been both of our insurance premiums and my medical bills that put us over the top.

We have an unusually fun weekend plans ahead. Our adorable neighbor whom we have known since she was born, graduated from high school yesterday. The big party is tomorrow. Then, we are planning to drive down the coast for a Father's Day breakfast at our favorite dive before doing odd jobs and a BBQ for dinner. And, he is also anticipating a phone call from our son. It has been one wild week so I am looking forward to spending quieter days with Michael and just enjoying being together.

Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments: