Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day

The nice sunny morning yesterday has changed into a windy, foggy, cold morning today. What a Father's Day! Michael has suddenly changed our plans. We are staying home. I will be making a lovely Greek omelet for his special breakfast. William will probably phone around noon and hopefully, the sun will make an appearance for our grilling later in the day.

Fathers. I always felt badly that their special day occurred during summer vacation. Sad that no school-created crafts were made in their honor as is done for Mother's Day. Talk with a successful happy woman and usually there is a great relationship with her father in her youth. I was so lucky to have a wonderful dad. I expected to be as deeply loved by my husband as mom was loved by dad. It was the standard. Fortunately, I found it.

It is joyful as a mom to watch my son's relationship with his dad. When they are together, there is an actual sparkle in their eyes as they speak with each other. Their body language is interesting as they always seem to lean towards each other. William deeply respects his dad. Michael loved and adores his son. He is proud of him for the way he lives his life as well as his achievements.

My deepest Happy Father's Day wishes to all the great dads. Enjoy the day!

No comments: