Friday, June 27, 2014

Low and Highs

Well, I think I have discovered why my energy level has been so low since last weekend. At the pulmonary rehab class yesterday, my starting blood pressure was 85/52. That is low. Very low. They took it again while standing and it went up, which allowed me to exercise. Afterwards, I took another nap. I will make sure to mention it to all my doctors at the next appointments.

In other news: Michael's sister Anna has three grandchildren, all adorable. But, her 7-year old only granddaughter, Kloe is the most adorable little girl who was born with the "it" factor. As a toddler, she would sit in a highchair at a restaurant and wave and chat to her minions. With gorgeous red hair, she is so full of goodness and happiness and smiles that I fell in love with her at first sight.

Well, the poor thing had been fighting high fevers, painful headaches and non-stop vomiting. She spent a couple days in the hospital but was sent home. Yesterday, she was readmitted and her parents were arranging for her to be transferred to a children's hospital. No diagnosis was confirmed but scary words like leukemia and brain tumor and meningitis were tossed about. My heart was just breaking with each update. Finally, late last night I received this text message: "Oncology just came by, she really feels that it's just an infection not cancer. She tested positive for mycoplasma pneumonia. So she is getting IV antibiotics now. If the WBC's go up again after treatments then oncology will re-evaluate. Good news!" It has been a tough few days and my fingers will stay crossed for a few more days.

Today? Another field trip with Barbara's daycare children. I am sure mom and I will have a fun day with these marvelous children.

No comments: