Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Birthday Parties

As I expected, my numbers at the rehab class yesterday were good. On the treadmill, I had a 97% saturation rate on 2 liters of oxygen. That is amazing. Wonderful! It came after I took an hour walk along the cliffs of the ocean in the morning. The pelicans were out in force. There must have been close to 100 of them dive bombing the ocean for food. If one got a fish, others rushed to try to steal it away. They were remarkably large and was great fun to watch.

Natalie and the kids are coming for a visit at 4PM and we are going to celebrate Oliver's 4th birthday, which was early June. I didn't sleep well last night, so I am going to go back to bed this morning for an hour or so, then run to the market, make some brownies for his "birthday cake," make our dinner for tonight, make lemonade from my Myers lemon tree and heavy snack of hot dogs in crescent rolls and Frito's for their treat. All of the above are Oliver's favorite foods. The brownies will even have M&M sprinkled on top. He is going to go crazy with joy!

While I ironed the tablecloth for the table in the family room and set that table for Oliver's party, I also took the opportunity to iron the tablecloth and layout the dining room table in preparation of Sunday's party with Rick and Natalie. The housekeepers are due tomorrow so I thought I would get it all ready before them come.

After the rehab class tomorrow, I am going to buy food at Trader Joe's for Sunday's party and for the week. It has been a while since we have had visitors. I am looking forward to both parties.

No comments: