Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Checking off the List

Little check marks are appearing on my list of things to do before we leave for a short road trip to Southern California. SoCal. Some of the other chores planned for today are picking up the house for the housekeepers tomorrow, making a fantastic dinner, getting travel cash from the bank and doing the laundry. But first, there is my yoga class this morning followed by a nice walk along the ocean this afternoon. Right now, it is foggy, wet and humid outside. We NEVER have rain during the summer but there is actually enough to be measured. Rather shocking.

Today is my niece Shelley's birthday. She has had a rough year but out of the darkness came Russ. He is a true gem or as she says, "He is the cheese to my macaroni." She also confirmed my belief that when a relationship is good, it is so very easy. If it is not right and a person is always struggling to make it work, it is so very hard. She said that she never felt like this in her whole life. It is sad that some people never feel it. It is all so very clear when it is a deep love. Her future looks bright and shiny.

I am breathing so well, the numbers in rehab yesterday were excellent. While we are in LA, there will be a potluck family reunion in a park. Michael's cousin, who brought him into the folk mass group I was running, is going to be there. We haven't seen him in decades. But, with all potlucks, I will not be eating the food. I always worry that someone is fighting a cold then licking a spoon or sneezing over the food or not making it in a clean environment. Any of that could make me very sick.

The other issue that is causing me concern is the heat. It is going to be very hot. We are packing shorts and light shirts and grateful that Anna and Doug have air conditioning in their house. We just are not used to high temperatures and I know that sleeping will be difficult. Melatonin! That will help!

No comments: