Friday, July 25, 2014

Feeling Better

It is unusually hot here in the Bay Area. Today, it is expected to be 91 at mom's, 97 at Michael's work and a lovely 77 here on the coast. Traffic on the weekend is going to be horrific. We are meeting a foodie friend and his wife from Michael's work on Saturday evening at a major restaurant in the city. We have 8:45 reservations but with the traffic, we will give ourselves two hours to get there on time.

I climbed back into bed yesterday morning and slept until 11:00. I really needed the sleep. After cleaning up, pulling on some shorts and a t-shirt, I spent some time reading while on the garden swing. It was so beautifully warm and quiet and peaceful. Afterwards, I settled into my chair and slept another hour.

Michael came home completely spent from the heat. I had a dinner of roasted chicken, fingerling potatoes and corn on the cob waiting for him. He made lots of yummy sounds. We both were awake around 3AM because it was so warm, even with a fan blowing on us.

This morning, I am seeing Dr. M., my endocrinologist. Another long drive into the city. Afterwards, mom and I will spend the day together.

No comments: