Friday, August 29, 2014

Contractor Arrives

My fingers are sooo crossed that I don't get sick. I crawled through yesterday but it got even crazier. After the rehab class, I got home and destroyed the house. All five closets are now empty and the contents are scattered throughout each room. Then, I did the laundry and put together the new lamp for the living room.

About 5:00, Michael phoned. We were going to have to drive back over the pass, grab some dinner, pick up the Porsche with its new tires then buy the flooring materials for the contractor to install in the closets today. It all worked out exactly as planned and we got home around 8:30, past my bedtime. But for the first time in days, I slept well last night. I feel rested this morning but it will take a couple more days to feel caught up and fully recovered.

I am sneezing a lot. Not a good sign.

The really good news: Years ago, I had lost a bag of all the photos of William's first year of life. It was in the garage where I was storing it while putting together a new album and it was gone. I thought Michael had done some cleaning and tossed it out by mistake. While peeking into the tubes from William's closet yesterday, there there were. My heart was immediately filled with joy.

This morning, we will have quick showers then I will wait for Wayne to arrive to begin the project. It also includes changes to the arbor along the width of the house near the swing so it can be painted. This will be the final project on my list of things to do this year.

With lots of 1940s antiques throughout the house, we are now trying to add modern bits. For example, new bright colored pillows in the living room to go with the more modern lamp and huge new beast of a television. I have removed all lace and doilies. The next project is Williams bed. I want to have a more contemporary look in there - colored sheets with bright pillows and a patterned bed sheet. No quilt. No pillow shams. Just stacked pillows in different patterns. We'll see if I can pull this off...

Mom and I are meeting for a chat and lunch then I will be back home and probably in the contractor's way. I promise I will not stand behind them and chat. I promise. I hope.

No comments: