Monday, August 25, 2014

Daily Gift

Time is flying by. So much happens during the day that I am stunned when it is time to start making dinner. Where did the day go? Suddenly, it is bedtime. With these busy days, I am almost in a coma at night as I am sleeping 9-10 hours without moving.

All the furniture moving, installation of the new 52" beast in the living room, yards cut and watered and my lovely walk along the ocean, yesterday just flew by. I was even able to sit on the garden swing and read for an hour. The sun was out but there was a mild cooling breeze. Just about perfect.

So then I was watching ER: Stories Never Told or something like that on TLC when they featured some guy who was very ill. Turned out, he had been exposed to some plant called an Angel's Trumpet, they showed a photo and yes, it is the same plant as ours!

Apparently, every single bit of this plant is very poisonous. The only reason I have not become ill is that I always wear gloves in the garden. The entire plant will be gone by next week. YIKES!

Shuttle service will happen this morning because mom has a dentist appointment in town. I have to run over the pass, grab her then drive back. After her appointment, I want to show her the new TV and the gardens before doing a ton of errands on the other side of the pass. It will be another busy day.

But, I must pause to remember that a week ago I was nervous to have the liver biopsy. So very glad that is behind me. I am so grateful that my days can be full and that I am able to still actively participate in life. Everyday is a gift.  I never forget that and say a small prayer of thanks at the end of each day.

No comments: