Monday, August 4, 2014

Gained and Lost Weight Quickly, Thankfully!

He is home. Michael pulled into the driveway around 2:30PM after having to change a tire on the Porsche just north of us. We are so grateful that we had no problems during the May road trip nor the recent quick trip to LA. His entire group of friends had a wonderful time in Reno at "Hot August Nights" and he came home with many stories to tell.

After a great dinner of Asian Slaw and protein-style hamburgers, we were both happily in bed by 8PM. I didn't even mind a bit of snoring early in the night. He was there. He was home.

It is going to be cool here today with highs along the coast of only 60 degrees. Mom and I will run a ton of errands for me then enjoy a lunch together. I will hear if she once again took money from the men in their Saturday night porker group. She is a darn good card player.

I was growing concerned as I had gained three pounds since the long road trip and I didn't want it to extend to ten pounds or more. I think they are now gone. Thankfully! My clothes are looser, I feel lighter and the additional exercise has not hurt either. I will weigh-in next week with the nutritionist.

Why was I suddenly gaining weight? It bothered me. I kept trying to figure it out until, in the middle of the night over a week ago, it hit me. The nutritionist suggested that I add La Tortilla low carb tortillas and Wasa Light Rye crackers to my diet. They are so delicious that I think I was eating one or the other everyday. I now believe they have too many carbs for me to process. So, after cutting way back and only eating three crackers in the past week, I think the pounds are gone. Mr. B. and I will have a conversation about this when I see him.

Off to the other rehab I go this morning! A good workout ahead. Happy Monday!

No comments: