Sunday, August 17, 2014

Gathering Strength

Mom turned 86-years old today. Amazing. I will post photos tomorrow from our celebration dinner at a fancy fish place.

With enough sleep under my belt, I am feeling good and strong going into the week. Later this morning, I am leaving Michael for an hour walk along the ocean. It will be my final exercise before the biopsy tomorrow morning.

My focus today will be to pack, gather things from my list and prepare to leave at 5:45AM tomorrow morning for the liver biopsy. I also will spend time on my walk today to settle my mind. I need to go into this with a positive spirit.

The reason for the biopsy is that, after 10 years of prednisone, my liver is showing signs of fibrosis (cirrhosis). The question is how much? Is it too damaged for me to be eligible for future lung transplants? That is the underlying drama. That is why I am nervous about having this biopsy. It will determine my future.

No comments: