Sunday, August 31, 2014

Lots of Work

Wood installed in closet floors? Done. Everything sorted from the closets, recycled or thrown out or being donated? Done. The top arbor wood removed to be replaced after the arbor is painted? Done. Painter coming? Tomorrow at 9AM for an estimate. Last things on the list? Re-attached some carpet to the walls and having the carpets cleaned, then all my chores will be completed.

I was totally amazed that I was able to lift a small bookcase back into a closet along side a two-drawer filing cabinet, which also had to be lifted into place as to avoid scratching the new floors. Alone, I was able to put all four rooms back into shape, vacuum the carpets and stand on my feet for over five hours. All those years of lifting weights paid off. I did have to take something OTC for pain in the evening but this morning, nothing. Loose and pain-free.

It feels like a millions buck getting everything done, but I also am feeling like an exhausted puppy. We both fell into bed at 7:30 last night and slept until 5:30 this morning. Michael has to run over the pass to get a new windshield in a car then he will be home. We are going to Rick and Natalie and Melanie's house at 5PM for appetizers (dinner for us) after a day of yard work and ironing. The bedsheets are in the washing machine at the moment.

Our Anniversary is tomorrow. Forty-one years. How did that happen so quickly? I found a box of photo albums that had been stored in William's closet and we had a ball looking through them last night. It's rather funny that as we have aged, my hair got darker, his got grayer and we both got thinner. That is a good thing!

No comments: