Friday, August 15, 2014

Out and About on a Weeknight!

What a day. What a night. The rehab class was good yesterday. Everyone wished me best wishes for my liver biopsy on Monday morning. I probably won't be able to do any exercise all next week. Waiting for Michael to come home from work, Randy the Cop knocked on the door. His dad passed away earlier this year and he brought me up to date with all the happenings in his life. Almost two hours later, Michael arrived home to chat a bit with Randy before we RAN out the door for a drive into the city for dinner with British Don. Made it just a few minutes late.

It was a fantastic dinner, great conversation and we said our goodbyes to Don. He is leaving at noon today to visit his sister in England and his mom's grave, will be home a week then off to Taiwan again for business. Michael drove his car back to our house while I followed in my car. He is arranging to have some mechanical work on it while Don is away.

Restaurants in SF are packed on Thursday nights as it is considered family night. Not date night. It still surprises me to walk into an absolutely book place on a weeknight. Don had made reservations at  the place he goes to almost everyday in the Dogpatch area of the city. Very nice. Rather expensive. Small portions. The chef even sent over a dessert - donut holes with a cream anglaise sauce. Oh my! For a peek at the restaurant and the menu, click HERE.

The only problem? We got home at 11PM. It is going to be a long day.

Mom and I are having our toe nails done this morning, will go to have fabulous fish tacos for lunch then I am gifting a facial for her as part of her birthday presents. Lots of driving over the pass today. After Michael has dinner tonight, we are going back over the pass to drop Don's car off at the mechanic's.

It will be a rather quiet weekend ahead: yard work all day Saturday, Mom's birthday celebration on Sunday, the dreaded liver biopsy on Monday. Yikes!

No comments: