Sunday, August 3, 2014

Waiting

It has been a long few days. I really miss Michael but he should be home around noon today! I wore myself out yesterday by fluffing a lot of dirt and was soaked in sweat and exhausted afterwards. Bedtime came early but I have been up since pre-dawn.

Someone asked me how I can still do the yard work. I explained that I wear my oxygen in a backpack, don a mask, gloves, hat and a long sleeved shirt. Charming. I often wonder if the neighbors ever see me in my nice clothing! I wear all of that gear to protect myself from the sun and from any dirt spores. And I have been doing the gardens for over thirty years. I didn't have to work up to it but just needed to adjust as the disease progressed. One of the doctors mentioned to me that when I am on the lung transplant list, I would not be allowed to even cut my grass. Something to do with an exposure that would not be good going into transplants.

Around 2PM yesterday, Comcast had issues in our area so I have been disconnected from the Internet since then. This morning, I could not reconnect even though Comcast was back on....Hello, Apple Support! We had an hour chat before everything was back. I am now mentally exhausted!

Coffee! I need coffee!

It is wet and foggy this morning but I am still going to take a hike along the ocean in an hour. Then, I will peer through my windows waiting for Michael to come home.

The week ahead: two doctor appointments and a graduation party! But, I will still workout at rehab four mornings and my new yoga class on Wednesday along with the additional walks along the ocean. A nice, full week out in the world. Living. Active. With 47% lung capacity! Join me.

No comments: