Monday, September 8, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

I hit the wall yesterday. Too many late nights last week. After taking it easy in the morning, I forced myself to do the yard work and water. Since the house painters are due on Tuesday, we also needed to move all the furniture and large potted plants away from the house. Hours later, I crawled into the house, ate a small dinner of leftovers at 4:30 then went to bed at 5:15.

After sleeping two hours, I was awake enough to drink some water and had a quick chat with Michael before falling back into bed. I just could not get comfortable so into the family room chair I headed for the rest of the night. It was there that I slept until 4:30. I feel better. Rested.

Why the fuss? I worry about getting sick. It begins when I am exhausted, a cough then develops into pneumonia. From there, if it is not stopped, I can crash into lung transplants. This time of year is always a challenge as it is the beginning of the flu season. Hand washing the moment anyone walks into our house is a must. No more shaking hands, only fist bumps. Staying away from crowds of people is mandatory. Keeping Michael healthy is the secondary goal. If he gets sick, he can bring it home to me.

With all the doctor appointments and our celebrations last week, my exercise routine was not perfect. Back to it beginning today. I will go to the other rehab this morning before spending the day with mom. We are going bedding shopping for William's room.

I need to sleep enough to get my stamina back, exercise to stay strong and return to our normal routines. Back in the saddle again.

No comments: