Thursday, September 25, 2014

Getting Wet

It is just a little storm but the sound of light rain on the roof brings us joy this morning. It also brings a lot of accidents, according to the morning news! My little plants in the yard are so very happy and we hope there is more rain coming soon.

William is back home in Seattle to begin his very busy Fall, working until just before Christmas. After he and Michael left yesterday morning, I went back to bed but couldn't sleep. We have been dealing with a ton of scammers and the phone rings sometimes five to six times a day. Thankfully, we have caller ID so we don't answer unless we know the person phoning. Every time I would drift off yesterday, the phone would ring. Then the neighbor's dog began barking...for over an hour. I finally gave up, got dressed and pulled the house together for housekeepers this morning.

Food. I had a piece of cheese for breakfast, which was just enough of a base for my pills. Lunch didn't happen and I totally enjoyed my Wasa crackers and peanut butter for dinner before orchestra rehearsal. I was so sick of food. The refrigerator is still full of leftovers and things we need to finish so I am not buying anything for a few days.

I am facing rehab class today but only after spending the morning with mom. One of my grandfather's paintings needs new matting and I want her advice. She has her father's artistic eye.

Maybe I can grab a nap after I get home. It is going to take many days to recover from all the late nights since the beginning of the month. It has been fun but just too much. I need some down time, more sleep, consistant exercise and my homemade food. All that is the equation for keeping me healthly.

No comments: