Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quality of Life

Lots of work on the house yesterday. The painter apologized for the noise of the electric grinders sanding down areas of the house and the arbor. "Music to my ears," I replied. The last time the arbor was painted was in 2005 when I painted it all by myself. It almost killed me! To have it properly sanded and painted is a dream. I am so grateful for their hard work.

While they were working, I did a lot of things in the house. William's linens are now ironed and on the bed. I love them. It is exactly the look I wanted. Very simple texture with a splash of color in a throw and pillow. Once the room is put back together, I will take and post photos.

Today in the bedrooms, the painters will begin filling nail holes in some of the trim then painting it this afternoon. The exterior will be completely painted by this evening except for maybe some trim, then the entire project will be completed by Thursday. Joyous!

Next up? Arranging for the carpet guy to come and reattach some carpet in the two bedrooms. Then, the final project: carpets to be cleaned. Then I can rest and be done.

Tonight is the first rehearsal of my little orchestra here on the coast. It is not fancy. It is not really too good but it allows me to just stand in the back and play without overwhelming effort as it presents just two concerts a year.

But before tonight's rehearsal, I have an appointment far into the city with the weight management doctor then another with the nutritionist on Friday. YIKES! Lots of driving and stress!

As I climbed out of bed this morning, my thoughts went to how I will feel when I go back into bed around 10:15 tonight, after the painters, after the drive into the city, after a long night of concentrating on music at a late rehearsal. I am grateful that I have the energy, health and strength to even participate in life let alone this kind of schedule. Rehab and working out, my friends. It allows for a better quality of life after a bad diagnosis.

No comments: