Saturday, September 27, 2014

September = Pneumonia

Well, here we go again. I think I have a bit of pneumonia. Too much fun. Too little sleep. Hopefully, I caught it early this time, instead of too late like last September.

September. Our anniversary and Michael's birthday plus William's recent visit plus all the late nights since the first of the month finally took its toll. I have a low-grade fever and a nasty cough. Thankfully, I always have a good run of an antibiotic on hand just for this type of situation. I emailed Dr. K. this afternoon with the symptoms, a reminder that I had the Levofloxacin on site and wanted her permission to begin taking it. She replied within minutes. Love that doctor. I also promised that I would contact her if the symptoms worsened.

So I guess I have to cool my jets a bit. Rest. Sleep. So very hard for me.

But, I did pull together my recipes for the week and bought everything today. I won't have to leave home for a few days. Again, these recipes are for people on prednisone. Our pancreas just doesn't process food properly, especially sugars. The diet is based on protein and non-starchy veggies.

Breakfast and/or Lunch:
Summery Pizza Omelette - Michael and I split this. - HERE

Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms - HERE

Sun-dried Tomato Dip with 2 Wasa Rye Crackers - HERE

Dinner:
Roasted Chicken with green beans - One small cut up chicken in a roasting pan lightly brushed with a low-carb BBQ sauce cooked in a 500 degree oven for 30 minutes. Delicious.

Quick Skillet Steak and Onions and Mushrooms with a steamed artichoke - HERE

Parmesan Baked Fish with Stir-fried Baby Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms -  HERE  and HERE

No comments: