Monday, September 29, 2014

Still Sleepless on the Coastside

It was another long rather sleepless night due to a side effect of the antibiotic for pneumonia. Michael has a cold so we both went to bed very early. He passed out. I stayed awake. Drifting off, I was awakened suddenly from a nightmare a couple hours later. I fell back to sleep after another couple of hours then, another nightmare. Finally, I pulled myself from the bed, cleaned up my mail file, sent some emails and made a list of all the doctors and clinics I have visited since 2003. Around 3AM, I fell asleep until Michael got up.

What I don't understand is how I can function on such a little amount of sleep.

We had a nice day together yesterday, enjoyed lunch at a new restaurant and a surprisingly easy ride home. I can only explain that by both sports teams were in town and lots of people stayed home to watch the games. Giants and 49ers. Both winners!

Wayne and his youngest son Evan dropped by to measure the arbor for new 2x2s on the top, the small side door into the garage for a replacement and two posts which have rotted holding up the entrance to the little garden outside our bedroom. The wood should be delivered this week and I will be happy to put the protective produce on the wood, a bit per day. They will then return to install everything. My work for the year will be finished! List completed!

After a workout at the other rehab, I will be spending the day with mom. No doctor's appointments. Nothing planned. Sometimes that is the funnest day. Just the two of us causing havoc wherever we go!

No comments: