Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday

Some yard work. Some down time. It was a rather quiet, reflective day yesterday. We are in a serious drought situation here, the new rules arrived in the mail last week, so I am struggling with what will be watered and what will be left on its own. Live or die. So very sad.

One rule is to only use a nozzle that doesn't leak, which can now only be used between the hours of 5PM - 8AM. Oops. The nozzle leaks a lot when it is on so off Home Depot today or tomorrow to buy a new hose, nozzle and little house for the new set up.

I have been looking at our beautiful Burmese Trumpet Vine and have realized that it is too big. It has overgrown its spot and it is ripping up the sandstone patio. It is time to go and the removal will begin later today. A bit at a time. It may take a few days. We will replace it with the same vine but it will be confined to a very large pot.

My schedule is booked for the next few weeks. There is a formal wedding, the annual Interstitial Lung Disease Patient Appreciation Luncheon, an ILD Support Group meeting and our first meeting of the Patient Advisor Board at my university hospital. I even booked an appointment to have my makeup professionally applied for the formal wedding. That will be a first for me.

But for this morning, I am driving over the pass with Michael, maybe shop for some much needed clothing for him, maybe get our flu shots, maybe have a great lunch somewhere but I know it will be nice to spend time together.

No comments: