Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Surprises

It has been a long night. I have been suspecting a growing bladder infection but it really hit home last night. Painful. Uncomfortable. Miserable. I finally thought to take some acetaminophen around 4AM and slept until 6:15. No rehab class for me today. I will call for an appointment with my local doctor first thing this morning.

Mom looked good yesterday and was feeling better after her fall on Friday. Her tailbone was the only thing that continued to be sore. We went to lunch, ran some errands then I headed home to news. Big news: William is driving down from Seattle to our home either after a concert on Wednesday night or Thursday. A very long drive. He had planned to stay almost a month but he picked up a job to take him to the end of the year and needs to be back in ten days. We have not seen him since last Christmas.

Then, the door bell rang and it was our former neighbors, Margit and Bill. They had rented out their house right at the beginning of the housing crash, have been living for years on their boat right in the city but they are moving back at the end of the month. She was the woman who walked with me along the ocean at 5AM before I knew I was sick. Bill will be finishing a three-month run of Kaiser's liquid diet program but will continue their 85-week program including counseling. He has reached his goal and looks fantastic. We shared our liquid diet stories! It will be nice to have them close to us again.

I also arranged to have our carpet cleaned this afternoon. Another tick on the to-do list.

Depending on the time of the doctor's appointment today, I am planning to take a quick run over the pass to the butcher's and Trader Joe's to insure there is food in the house for William's visit. Tomorrow is be crazy as there is the ILD Patient Appreciation Luncheon in the city. Today will be the last day to pull everything together for William's visit.

No comments: