Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Attack on the Mold

I am always on the lookout for mold. It is the enemy. It must be destroyed. As I was picking a sock off of our bathroom floor, I noticed that there was mold on the caulking around Michael's sink. Then I noticed a small bit behind the faucets. He is going to find a small spray bottle in the garage this morning so I can bleach and brush it away. I thought it would be best to apply the bleach in the early morning so we have the entire day for the smell to dissipate. The ceiling fan and a portable fan will be on and the windows will be opened while I wear my oxygen and a mask.

Yesterday at the butcher's, I started to chat with a nice young woman about chicken. They really have the best chicken I have ever eaten. She had overheard us talking about the Pumpkin Festival, knew where I lived, asked a few questions about the local schools, I mentioned the school where I got sick and BOOM! It turned out that I was her kindergarten aide in 1991. I knew her when she was 5-years old and I had just seen a photo of her brother on the Facebook alum site. I asked about her mom and dad. They lived in the same town as the goat farm and the dive where we take everyone who visits but after the 1989 earthquake, the earth shifted so much that they lost their water supply. They had to leave the property until water could be re-established and had to live in a variety of housing. It was a lot of drama for the two young kids.

"You guys still here?" the butchers asked. They were not surprised that we had a past together and said to her, "She knows everyone!"

Did I mention that we are so excited for the beginning of the World Series this evening?

No comments: