Monday, October 27, 2014

Chores are Done

Thanks to the Giants for an exciting evening but not too exciting, thank goodness. A nice early lead allowed me not to have to pace with my hands over my eyes. We have a day off before it begins again from Kansas City on Tuesday.

All my chores are done. The two big ones were to run the cycle for the oven to be cleaned and to set up the new, heavy steel, outdoor planter. Success on both! This was the first time I have cleaned the oven since we bought it. I ran it on the longest cycle of 4.5 hours, it looks like new and was cool enough to wipe down late night. The planter is...planted! Michael had to lift two of the sandstone slabs, remove some sand and reinstall them. The large vine root had done its damage. We settled the planter on three 2x2 pieces of wood to keep them off the patio and to allow maximum drainage. Then 4 cubic feet of potting soil was added. Not enough! Thankfully, I had a small bag of soil in the garage, threw it in and it was perfect. The five Horsetail Bamboo plants looked great against the fence. Sleek. Asian inspired. No maintenance! The planter has even begun to rust to a lovely dark orange/brown.

Mom has rehab early this morning so I can't workout at the other rehab before I see her. My goal is to take a walk along the ocean later this afternoon. Somehow, I pulled something and there is a slight nagging pain down my right leg. Nothing serious. Just there. I think if I warm up and have a nice walk, it will help align whatever is out of whack. Gotta keep moving.

No comments: