Friday, October 31, 2014

Rainy Halloween

Happy Halloween! Rain should be here just in time for the victory parade in San Francisco! Thousands and thousands of people will line Market Street all the way down to the Civic Center Plaza for the ceremonies. I bet there will be a surprise appearance. One year, Tony Bennett sang "I Left My Heart in San Francisco." During the season, it is played over the sound system at the ballpark after each game.

Rain will take a break this afternoon but will return around 5PM to irritate the Trick or Treaters. Winnie and Oliver probably won't even notice, if there is candy involved. I can't wait to spend some time with them, share some apple cider and watch them eat Halloween cookies. 

After hauling in a lot of groceries yesterday, I noticed that I was finally feeling thinner. Hopefully, those two pesky pounds are gone. It was another very full day without much downtime. The grass did get cut after the rehab class and dinner was made and in the refrigerator waiting for Michael to arrive home. In the meantime, Wayne was here to oversee the delivery of our new side garage door. He and Michael chatted for over an hour so we finally ate our dinner at 7:30! Thank goodness it was a light dinner! It was great to hear about Wayne's boys, job offers and report cards!

This morning, I will workout at the other rehab, make the mortgage payment, pay the AT&T bill, drive mom for the shot in her eye then we will have some lunch.

William is working at festival in Paris this weekend. Paris. It was where we were heading when I bumped head-on with Dr. K. for the first time. She banned all plane, boat and rail travel. One day, I hope to spend some time in France and use my limited high school and college French. Provence! Lyon! Bordeaux! Maybe one day.

No comments: