Monday, October 13, 2014

Recipes for the Week

Whopper in a Bowl

I got through yesterday with the help of a nap and Michael bringing dinner home with him. The to-do list was completed plus I did the laundry and ironed. I slept like a baby last night.

Mom has an early appointment at Costco for a hearing aide checkup so I will be hustling out of here to the butcher's before her appointment. We have errands and a few things to do together but I plan to get back over the pass in time to make an appetizer for tonight. We are going to Dave and Lori's for dinner with his cousin Tim and his wife before they leave for home tomorrow.

I am tired again and realize that I have to take it easy. Pneumonia visited just a few weeks ago and may want a return appearance if I am not careful. My focus this week will be to exercise everyday, eat well and sleep. Blessed sleep.

Here are the recipes for the week. I always forget to mention that I eat a lot of cabbage including at breakfast. There is always some in the house and ready for a bit of salad dressing. Also, if I am really bored with breakfast, I love having Wasa Rye Crackers with peanut butter. Somehow, it is so satisfying.

Breakfast/Lunch:
Whopper in a Bowl - HERE
Dawn's Jalapeno Chicken Salad - HERE
Light Breakfast Scramble - HERE

Dinner:
Taco Salad - HERE
Roasted Chicken with artichokes - Cut up seasoned chicken roasted at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
Shrimp Marinara with fake pasta - HERE
Spicy Steak and Bell Pepper Quesadillas - HERE

No comments: