Monday, October 6, 2014

Wedding Next Weekend

Monday. What a great weekend staying home here on the coastside. The weather was so much cooler yesterday, we went into town for lunch, finished staining and protecting the 2x2s for the arbor, made dinner for tonight, ironed, watched the 49er game and Alaska: The Last Frontier. I also slept on and off all day. I just can't seem to get enough sleep right now.

It is count down week to the most anticipated wedding ever. A wonderful guy who was born on the same date as William, though a few years apart, is getting married next Saturday. Mindy and Joel. They are so happy and just so perfect for each other. We have been friends with Joel's dad for forty years. He married Lori and she wrapped us into their lives. We have not seen them too much in the last ten years so this will be a very fun event.

It is a formal affair. The ceremony will be at this beautiful site then the reception will be at a different site. Formal. Black dress. I found some jewelery mom had passed down to me years ago. She now has no memory of it. Rhinestones. Real pearls. It is clearly from the 1920s with matching drop earrings. I remember her telling me it was my step-grandmother's. I will also bring the Rita Ring back out of the bank vault. The weather will be in the 70s for the outdoor ceremony. Sounds just about perfect.

So, to get ready for this event, I have appointments this week for eye brow waxing, hair cut and colored, finger and toe nails cut and painted, a facial, hair removed from face and legs and I am even having my make up professionally applied on the morning of the wedding. It takes a lot to keep me looking so fresh and natural!!! HA!

Monday. Ah, Monday. The other rehab is calling to me. Afterwards, mom and I will hang out, have some lunch then she has an appointment with her dermatologist later in the afternoon. I won't get home until late this afternoon, which is why I cooked the Ancho Macho Chili for almost three hours yesterday. It is ready for tonight.

No comments: