Sunday, October 5, 2014

Working Off Pounds

I happened to be awake in the early morning so I turned on the F1 race from Japan to see if it was over. It was red flagged. Apparently, one of the drivers hit a crane and now has a serious head injury. He is a young French driver for Ferrari. Just a kid. In recent years, it has become very rare to have serious injuries at this level of racing. It was a very solemn awards ceremony.

We stayed up late - I paced, went out to water the yard, played games on Facebook - to watch the Giants game, which went 18 innings. The National beat us up all year so it was shocking that we are 2-0 coming home for the next two games on Monday.

For the first time since being sick, I pushed my body yesterday. I filled one garden recycling container with garden waste from the front yard. I pulled old flowers, I trimmed everything that needed trimming, I raked, I turned dirt...I am so sore this morning!!! After doing all the yard work, Michael helped me take down the huge vine. My job was to cut it all into little pieces and placed into the other garden recycling container, which took a bit of time and energy. Did I mention all the spiders?

I swear I am three pounds lighter today.

Later, we are going to be staining and protecting the 2x2 pieces of redwood, which Wayne will screw into the top of the arbor later this week. Another job done.

The weather has changed overnight. There is a cooling, light fog this morning and the weather is expected to be twenty degrees cooler today. My breathing is so much better already. It feels great to be light and loose again.

No comments: