Thursday, October 16, 2014

Worries and a Celebration

William flies to Budapest this afternoon to begin a nine week tour in Europe. Flying. Rather dicey right now. Then he mentioned that he was fighting "Montezuma's revenge" from his tour in Mexico City last weekend. A mom's mind can wander, especially since they flew out of Texas to Mexico...but, no fever. He said that there will be a lot of flying for the first part of the tour then they will have their own bus. I still worry.

The Giants fought their way to a 3-1 lead over the St. Louis Cardinals last night. During the orchestra rehearsal, the trumpet player kept giving me updates, I phoned Michael during the break then about 9:20, I heard, "Psst," from the trumpet section and he gave me a thumbs up and the score with his fingers. I raced home to see the highlights and found Michael almost dancing with joy. What an unconventional team!

My health? I am a bit worried. I am coughing again when really pushed. It will be interesting to see how I do at the pulmonary rehab class today. It is hard for me to slow down though I did take an almost two hour nap yesterday, so I was in good shape for the late orchestra rehearsal last night. I am feeling good and very rested this morning. We are planning a rather quiet weekend even with the famous Pumpkin Festival and an expected hundred thousand people invading our little town. I will be working in the yards.

No comments: