Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lots of Questions

William had many questions for me through text messages yesterday. I guess after sleeping on the news that his dad had a major seizure, he got on the computer to do some research. He also offered to quit the tour and come home to help out. Michael was rather touched but I responded that his dad was at work all day and was doing really well. Improving daily. I do understand that he was feeling isolated and very far away.

The sneezing began yesterday and I felt the early rumblings of a cold. Out came the Coldcalm and the Aprodine and I am feeling better. After the meeting with the doctor this morning, I will drop Michael off at work, head home to cut the grass since it is supposed to rain on Thursday, then meet him on the Avenue for cocktails at 6PM. Well, he and I won't have cocktail but we will be hanging with several of his work friends. Thomas and Julie are heading to New York City so Julie can meet some of his relatives. A bon voyage party.

Mom and I enjoyed her rehab yesterday. She was working on her balance and the strength in her hips. The PT loved her as she just really wanted a good workout. I guess that was rare for a woman of her age. She needed a thyroid blood test at her university hospital before we had a fantastic In-N-Out Burger for lunch (protein-style for me). After Trader Joe's, I screamed home to get some Braised Short Ribs in the oven for three hours. They were delicious for dinner for a very cool Fall day.

Michael's highly anticipated doctor's appointment is today. We tried the new blood testing monitor yesterday and he tested his blood after dinner and before bed. Stable. 104. 108. After a week or two, we will try to replicate the food before his crash. We just realized that he had also pulled back from milk because of the latest finding that it is not the best for you. He has been drinking a gallon of milk a week for a long time. That along with the high carb lunch did him in. So we think. Now, we have to prove it. Today begins that challenge.

No comments: