Sunday, November 30, 2014

Rainy Sunday

Do you hear that? Rain. It is loud in the family room because of the cathedral ceiling. A beautiful sound. Keep it coming!

Last yesterday afternoon, I began feeling better. The Coldcalm had done its stuff. No runny nose or that nasty feeling of cold coming whether you like it or not. So last night, out came the Vick's Vapor Rub applied again to the bottom of my feet and another dose of Aprodine. I slept great and feel about 85% this morning. Remarkable. My plan is to wash and iron our bed sheets today then...not much else.

I am going out to buy some salad greens this morning. Since Michael has been home yesterday and today, I must make lunch for both of us. Yesterday, it was a tuna melt sandwich for him and just tuna salad with cole slaw for me. Today? My favorite Whopper in a Bowl Salad. He has never had it. It is hot chunks of ground beef tossed with greens and fresh tomatoes with the "special sauce" dressing. Yummy.

While doing a bit of house cleaning/holiday decorating, I have been enjoying Hallmark's Holiday movies. Cheesy, I know but still fun. Depending how I am feeling in two weeks, Michael wants to invite about eight of his work friends to our house for the first time. I will want the house, gardens and food to be...perfect. He also does not want it to be raining because they will have to drive the pass home in the dark and the house and gardens are so much prettier in the sunlight. We'll see. Either way is fine with me.

The rain continues and I swear it is tap dancing on the roof. It is such a good day to stay home and dry. Enjoy the last day of the Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: