Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I so wish the day's travels, cooking, eating and being around family fills hearts with joy. It is a special holiday, so much less drama and work than Christmas. We will be connecting with our son in Europe as he is in the final days of the 9-week tour. It seems like forever.

This morning, Michael and I will phone my Uncle Bill's widow in Tennessee. We visited with her last May, she remembered us so I hope she will be able to speak with us. She was struggling to find words.

I just sent an email to Christien in North Carolina and we are planning a nice, long chat sometime on the weekend. She just got home from a visit with her mom to spend Thanksgiving with her daughter.

In a couple of hours, Michael, mom and I will begin the long drive over a bridge and on crowded freeways to my sister's home over 100 miles away. As I am the driver this year, I am a bit nervous. While waiting for dinner to finish cooking, the entire group of us will phone Chip and Betty in New Mexico and have a nice chat. But, while we are there, I will make sure to take a moment to breathe in the sweet smells of the season and the watch the smiles and hear the laughter of a family being together.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: