Monday, December 15, 2014

A Bit at a Time Towards Christmas

The rains are back for the rest of the week only this time, it is also cold out there! We delicate Californians are just not used to coats. Mom has her final physical rehab today then we have to make a quick run down to her heart clinic to return her pacemaker remote device from the study and pick up the standard one now that the study is over.

I was a slug yesterday. Moving about the same pace as a slug, I went into the world to buy some Peet's coffee grounds for the week, some food containers to fill with Sugar-Glazed Walnuts as gifts and I made dinner. These events happened between naps! Around 7PM, I threw in the towel and went to bed. This morning, I am feeling much better and hope to make it through the day without a nap!

Christmas is coming whether I am ready or not! Working on the schedule is the primary goal today. We have very few presents under the tree and so much to buy. Michael and I will meet after his work this week, have some dinner then shop until the stores close, we run out of money or we fall from exhaustion.

I have a bit of a cough and hope that it goes away rather than grows. Since Christmas will be celebrated here, I really don't want to be sick for the holiday. The goal is to do a little something everyday whether it be cleaning the dining room chandelier or the grout in the bathroom or wrapping presents. I will have the last rehab class and housekeepers on Thursday so the presents for both groups of people need to be bought and/or made along with cards and money. That is today's goal.

No comments: