Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Has Arrived

Christmas has arrived at our house. The outside lights are hung and the two Christmas trees are trimmed. It only took several hours yesterday! While all the holiday work was happening, there was a pot of lamb stew cooking slowly on the back burner for dinner. It was the reward for all of our work and it was delicious. We were both exhausted and I was in bed by 7:30.

We have been trying to update our home as it suddenly appeared like old people lived here. Earlier, we had updated the bedding in the guest rooms and added bright green, deep eggplant and scarlet pillows to the living room. Last week, Mom and I found Christmas bulbs in the same rich colors and they look fresh and updated on the Christmas tree in the living room near the new pillows.

Yesterday was Winnie's 8th birthday. We phoned and learned she had the entire day planned: decorating large gingerbread men, Christmas tree shopping, dinner at the dive down the coast for artichoke soup, French bread and pie. She also told us that they went out for French toast for breakfast and she just mentioned that it was her birthday. The entire staff and patrons sang Happy Birthday to her and there was a candle served with her pancakes. She was utterly delighted. After we hung up, Michael commented that she sounded so old. So grown-up. We adore that kid.

Huge storms are arriving Thursday through Friday. Big, blowing, largest storms in five or six years. We are so very happy as we have been in a three year drought. Expect to see this storm on the National news.

More in the good news category, I need to buy some new cords today. Since losing a few pounds recently, the size 10s from last year are huge. Well, they are cords and I think they loose their structure. I can slip them off with button and zipper intact. I'm going to buy some really tight size 8s and wear them around the house until they give a bit. I have lots of summer shorts but really nothing for the winter. They will be my first gifts from mom for Christmas. She gives each of us $250.00 to buy presents for ourselves, we wrap them up then open them in front of her on Christmas. She loves to be surprised!

I am feeling so much better. The problem of having no energy, I believe, was solved. The thyroid medication was not able to work properly because I was taking another medication with it. Duh. It is nice to feel close to normal again. My breathing is good. I did use my supplemental oxygen to decorate the trees and I think it helped. We are still trying to stay away from groups of people and avoiding anyone with sniffles or a cough. So far, so good.

Stay well, dear Reader!

No comments: