Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Drama

Merry Christmas Eve.

Lots of drama here.

It is only 5:30AM and I have been working in the kitchen since 3:30AM. The brisket is in the oven for another three hours, the crab mold is finished and now onto the liver pate with mushrooms. I still have to make applesauce, boil the small red potatoes as a vehicle for the caviar, bake the sugared bacon for the melon salad, bake the cheesecake, make deviled eggs for Christmas breakfast then I am finished until tomorrow.

Lots of drama here.

Michael lost his cell phone yesterday and the DMV will be phoning it for his interview to reinstate his license today at 10:15. He thinks he may have lost it at the deli or in someones car. I sent a FAX to the interviewer's number asking to have the interview changed to our home phone. We'll see if he/she actually gets the FAX! I have a feeling this is all going to fall apart today. If we make calls this morning and find the phone, I will have to stop everything and drive him over the pass then home again to be here for the maybe home phone interview. Oh, and I need a shower and to vacuum the bedrooms and fight the traffic at the airport to pick William up this afternoon.

Lots of drama here.

We have two open house parties tonight. I got about three hours of sleep worrying about everything so I don't know if I will make either of them. William and Michael will go as my representatives! Lack of sleep seems to be the trigger that makes me sick so I need to sleep sometime today and hop into bed early tonight.

I promise photos soon. The house looks so festive, I was able to cut the lawns and clean up the gardens yesterday. Everything is ready. Did I mention another storm is blowing through this afternoon? There goes the clean windows!

No comments: