Monday, December 22, 2014

Final Christmas Shopping

Sunday, I never sat for a moment, from dawn until night. So much was done. There is so much more to be done.  The staff filling the shelves and I were the only ones at Safeway at 7AM, Michael and I went over the pass to the butcher's and waited just five minutes for the fancy liquor store to open for more gift and the caviar before heading back over the hill. Because we were out so early, we had no traffic all morning. It was lovely. We were home by noon.

The table is now completely set, gifts are all wrapped, some nuts were made yesterday, we made then froze two dozen latkes for Christmas dinner (that was a lot of work!!) and I will pick up the Duraflame Stax from the Ace Hardware store in town today. That will be the last time I will need to be in a store before Christmas!

Also today, I am going to workout at the other rehab then hang with mom before we have a nice lunch together. Afterwards, Trader Joe's will be the last food run before Christmas. I love having everything in the house.

Michael is joining friends for their annual Christmas dinner this evening and his twin will drive him home so I don't have to be out so late. I think I will use that time to continue to make some of the eleven pounds of sugar-glazed walnuts for the seven neighbors and four other as gifts on Christmas. My mom loves them! Sometime in the afternoon, I am going to wash the windows. I hope. Maybe. We'll see.

No comments: