Thursday, December 4, 2014

Old Friend Found

I am nothing but a slug. At least, that is exactly how I felt yesterday. After doing a few chores around the house, I climbed back into bed, pulled up the covers, watched the winds and rains and...the phone rang. We have been so inundated with scammers and fake telemarketers that we have caller ID and NEVER answer the phone. I ran to grab it, saw that it was one of my scammers who calls about three times a week and ran back to bed.

Relaxed and beginning to drift off...DING. Message. Michael's sister, Anna. The night before, Michael and I were looking up his old friends on Facebook and found Cheri. She was married to his very best friend PJ, they had two children, moved to the California desert and settled into life. We were all shocked when PJ died in a private airplane crash when he was just 25-years old in the mid 70s. I found Cheri then followed along to find their two grown children. It was rather shocking to find her looking so very old. Are we that old? Michael did not want to send a message but told me to let Anna know we found her.

Anna has personal history with a member of Cheri's family. She followed my instructions and found Cheri, the kids, PJ's sister and brother. She, too did not want to send a message and wanted to think about it all. This morning, I got a message that she is going to share it all with her husband today. It opened a lot of old wounds but healing wounds this time.

But yesterday, we messaged back and forth for an hour. Finally, I drifted off. I had no energy and was just tired. It was a very quiet day until Michael phoned at 4:00 to ask if I could drive over the pass to pick him up and drive him home. There was a problem with the car pool. No problem. It was nice to get out. I even did not go to the orchestra rehearsal last night. Early to bed.

I am feeling better this morning. After a shower, I will leave to give the housekeepers some peace, come back to make sure everything is turned off before heading over the pass to Costco, Kaiser then to nab Michael. Costco to pickup his final pair of glasses. Kaiser to ask about the DMV papers due to the DMV in a week. Michael to drive into the city for our patient advisory group meeting and dinner.

Rain is expected on and off all day but it is unusually warm. December and it is going to be in the mid-60s. This series of storms are clearly not coming from Alaska!

No comments: