Wednesday, January 7, 2015

100 Miles

Just a quick blog today as I must head out the door within the hour. Mom and I are driving over 100 miles together to visit my dad's crypt, having lunch with her group of girlfriends before driving another 100 miles back home. Then, I will have an hour to prepare for orchestra rehearsal.

It is going to be a long day.

I did talk with Sherman yesterday, then one of his daughter's phoned later yesterday to get the complete information, regarding his 90th birthday party. We want to invite his friends and the staff from the rehab class and people he is close to since retiring from UPS decades ago. They still meet every two months for lunch. I love that. We have been invited for the formal dinner this Saturday evening, which includes my other rehab boy Dick and his wife. It will be a fun evening!

Early tomorrow morning, I need to run to the city to weigh-in then swing by Costco to order Sherman's birthday cake before rehab class. Another busy day. I will need a nap by Thursday afternoon!

But for today, it will be fun to spend the day with mom, have a nice lunch with her girlfriends and just be together.

No comments: