Saturday, January 31, 2015

Becoming Human

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think I have turned a corner. I slept through the night and feel almost human this morning. The cough has lessened in intensity and I just hope I don't take a downturn because of the concert tonight. This morning, I am going to have Natalie listen to my lungs to see if she hears some pneumonia. Fingers crossed.

The other goals for today are to water the pots in the garden and to take a shower before the concert. Period. But tomorrow, ah, tomorrow, we are planning some fun. After breakfast, we are going to visit British Don, bring him some new sweats for rehab and some good cheer. He is really suffering. Don is a very private, proper English gentleman and having to share a bathroom and living space with three other "old farts" is just killing him. His head is spinning.

But, I love the British humor. His sister in England sent us all an email this morning:  "He is now settled in the convalescent centre by the ocean, though the downside is he is in a shared room.  Personally, having first-hand experience of the decibel level of Don's snoring, it is the other guys I feel sorry for!! ("Don, wake up, I can't hear what they are saying on the tv!!"). Apparently he has to be able to get up four flights of stairs at the centre before they will consider discharging him home; Don said "only another 32 stairs to go" so I think it will be a couple of weeks at least." It gave us a good morning laugh. 

Did I mention that we are going to watch the Super Bowl? We have hot dogs from the butcher and a 7-layer dip for Michael. Rare treats! 

No comments: