Thursday, January 29, 2015

COUGH

I had a great day yesterday, had energy to do some chores, ran errands and even had a short nap. After work, Michael went to the hospital to visit British Don while I went to the orchestra dress rehearsal. I was worried about giving this flu to the other bass player, so I played with oxygen and a mask. Our usual rehearsal space was flooded earlier in the day so the city moved us to another space. It actually was nicer and a better sounding space except I had to carry my heavy bass father than usual.

But, hauling my bass out of there at the end of the rehearsal was just too much for my sick lungs. I coughed. And coughed. And choked. Then gasped all the way home. By the time I got here, my lungs were a mess. I had riled things up. We settled into bed but the fluid in my lungs was not going to settle. For an hour, I tried. I really tried to lay on lots of pillows, take slower breaths to calm my breathing and tried to relax. But, the coughing continued. Michael began to lightly snore next to me and I was fighting not to cough so I would not awaken him. COUGH! He's awake. Drift off. COUGH! He's awake.

I finally got up, grabbed a blanket and my pillow and stumbled my way to my chair in the family room where I COUGHED. It took until midnight to settle my lungs. Then, I was awake for my antibiotic at 3:30AM and was awake to hear Michael moving around at 5:15AM.

I am exhausted. Because the housekeepers are due at 9, I have to get out of the house for a couple of hours. So, after a run over the pass for groceries, I am going to sleep all afternoon. I hope.

No comments: