Thursday, January 1, 2015

Day 1 - 2015

We are now officially old! No New Year's celebrations for us! We both slept right through it, he in our bed and me on the couch in the living room. Michael's cold is finally waining this morning, the fever appears to be gone and he is not coughing as much. All good news.

Years ago, the outdoor Christmas lights were still hanging in June. That Christmas, we made an agreement that the lights would be removed on New Year's day or we don't put them up. We shook hands on the deal and it has happened every year since. I will guarantee that it will not happen this year! But, I will ask him to take the boxes down from the attic so I can put all the inside Christmas stuff away today. Maybe by the end of the weekend, he will be well enough to climb a ladder in the cold!

I am feeling much better, the cough is almost gone and I slept eleven hours last night. All in all, I am feeling strong going into 2015.

So, dear reader, here we go jumping into a new year. I never expected to still be alive to welcome in 2015 let alone actually looking ahead to many more years. I hope this blog has inspired those who received a bad diagnosis to take control over what we can control: our diet and our exercise. It really does make a difference. Again, it does not guarantee a longer life but I can guarantee a better quality of life.

Happy New Year to you and thanks for reading.

No comments: