Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Plans Failed!

The plan: Shower, dress, bank and take mom to Walmart to get more minutes for her cellphone. I would be home by noon.

The curve in the road: I arrived at her home, she looked just awful and felt even worse. We dealt with Walmart and got her phone taken care of but, she could hardly walk. She was weak and very unsteady on her feel. From Walmart, we drove to the Immediate Care place she loves, saw the doctor and learned a lot. She had fluid in her ears, which was why she was so unsteady. She also had bronchitis. He prescribed antibiotics, nighttime cough medicine and said she should feel better in three days. To Walgreens! To lunch while waiting for the prescriptions! Finally, I got her settled back home, with her working phone, new drugs and food in her belly.

I didn't get home until 3PM. I tried to rest because we were going to visit British Don in the hospital last night. While sitting with him, I noticed that I began to drift off. It had been a long day.

Don was great! He was out of ICU, the neck tubes were gone, his color was fantastic and he lost a lot of weight during the quadruple bypass process. They plan to transfer him to a critical care center on Friday. Two weeks there will prepare him for his five flights of stairs at home.

Today? I am staying home all day. I need to recover from yesterday and prepare for the orchestra rehearsal tomorrow night.

No comments: