Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Plans

The day moved along very smoothly yesterday. Everything on the list was finished along with a few errands for mom. It was good to hang with her and even play a good game of cards before I headed home. Michael stayed at work all day, got his hair cut before coming home to a great dinner of sirloin tips, vegetables and rice. We both slept in this morning. We are both feeling better.

Back to the rehab class today. I need to talk with Sherman. We received an invitation to his 90th birthday dinner next weekend at Outback but it was not clear if it was a surprise party. I have been trying to reach his daughters when I know he is not home but no one answers. Michael and I want to throw another party at Max's, near his home, in the afternoon on Sunday the 18th. Appetizers, wine, cake, coffee. Simple. I want to get his permission and I will need to get the invitations together ASAP. I want to invite all the people and nurses from our rehab class, his daughters, six people from his retirement group and another dear friend of his.

My brother Chip and his fantastic wife Betty will be traveling in their RV from New Mexico next Sunday. Mom, Michael and I will be meeting them for dinner later next week. Mom has not seen them since she moved three years ago so it will be good to spend some time with them. Betty is coming to deal with issues with her aging mother and she is expecting lots of resistance. A difficult trip for them but hopefully, we can give them a fun break from their mission.

The New Year is bringing lots of unusual experiences to us. It might just be a very interesting year ahead. My only true wish is for a healthy year for both of us. No hospitals. No major scares. Fingers crossed!

No comments: