Thursday, January 15, 2015

Rather Quiet Day

Downtime was wonderful. I wandered through the house and cleaned a bit, rearranged a bit and readied it for the housekeepers due this morning. The sun was streaming in the huge windows onto my chair where I drifted off for well over an hour in the afternoon. I felt human again. I still feel almost a need to catch-up on sleep since the holidays.

Yesterday, I thought Michael should have worn a light jacket to work and...he was cold all morning. He came home with a small tickle in his throat while still coughing from his New Year's bout with the flu/cold. It scared me that this might bring on pneumonia, not something he needs right now! After the orchestra rehearsal, I stopped by CVS for Coldcalm for today and had him take one of my OTC Aprodine's last night. So far, so good. My one box of Aprodine, which has been a three-year supply, is almost gone, so I will swing by Rite-Aid to order another box after the rehab class today. It's all about getting through the flu season without getting it nor pneumonia.

We now have 24 people coming to Sherman's 90th party on Sunday. Perfect! This morning, I am going to buy a funny crown for him to wear plus I need to buy party favors of small boxes of See's Candy for everyone.

So, today is another rather quiet day except that I will be sweating a lot in the rehab class!

No comments: